Tuesday 8 April 2014

David Lauder--From Shield to Fields

Pulse Gallery is featuring David Lauder for the month of April, with the artist reception on Friday April 11 from 7-9 pm.  The gallery will be filled with David's beautiful contemporary images of Manitoba, ranging from beautiful abstract imagery to crisply focused iconic landscapes.



David Lauder is a Winnipeg-based photographer with a life-long interest in travel and landscape photography. His current portfolio of landscapes are taken primarily in Riding Mountain, Eastern Manitoba, Northwest Ontario and southwestern Manitoba.

In David’s own words, “In 2003, I became serious about photography and set out to find my place in the ‘professional’ realm … I love to make beautiful images.  I love everything from broad landscapes right down to fine details and abstractions.  And I love to share them.  What motivates me is the look on someone’s face when they see one of my images that really resonates with them.  I have a personal attachment to almost all of my images, and can remember the feeling and anticipation I had when each of my images was captures.  Hopefully, my images will create similar feelings in you.”   

We hope you can join us for the artist reception to have an opportunity to meet David, discuss his work, and see some of the beautiful work of Manitoba's talented artists.